Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Hmmmm, Something's Different

You may or may not have noticed a slight blip in this blog's transmission today. It's a long, boring story, but basically, when I started this blog, Blogger was having a hard time posting images - and I was unable to customize my headline banner at all. I was hoping that the issue would resolve itself, but it didn't. Because I am insane, I simply could not abide by my perfectly acceptable but supremely boring text banner, and I became obsessed with "fixing" the issue. That ended up meaning that I had to re-create the blog.... You don't care, do you?

Anyway, using the excellent Blog Backup Online, I was able to migrate to a new blog, create a new banner, and re-establish the original blog's URL. The only snafu was that past comments are now on the actual blog post - but I felt like that was small price to pay to appease my OCD.

Hopefully, the feeds are still intact (they should be) and no one will notice anything different (other than the damn banner).

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

(PS - if you do not host your blog on your own server or provider, backing up your blog on Blog Backup Online is EASY, and FREE. And it may save you a buttload of heartache if your blogging platform, server, or computer crashes and eats all your hard work.)

No comments: